2014年6月26日木曜日

Should voluntary work be made a compulsory subject in schools?

I think voluntary work should not be made a compulsory subject.
First, I want all student to do voluntary work but it should be optional since it is volunteer.
Volunteer is something that takes our responsibilities so if it is required, it doesn't mean volunteer. I want student to do it as their own choice.
Second, I think it shouldn't be subject. It is good to learn about voluntary work. But I think student will learn as they are actually doing it. I want them to experience and feel with their own body and heart not to be taught.


4 件のコメント:

  1. This is Miyuki. I agree with your comment, that is not something to be forced to do. My idea is YES and NO for this question. No, it shouldn't because that is not to be forced, Yes, because some people might enjoy and they have more chances to meet people from different age group of people or they might meet people to show the way in many ways.

    返信削除
  2. I agree, Yumiko! I don't think it is voluntary if they do it in required class, either. It is enough if they have any chances to get to know what doing voluntary works is like.

    返信削除
  3. Looks like we have the same idea! It shouldn't be compulsory especially for university students, I think. They are mature enough to decide what they do. It may be good idea that make it compulsory at primary school as an experience. I remember that I did kind of voluntary work when I was in primary school.

    返信削除
  4. I also agree with you. Vorunteer is important but it should not in class.

    返信削除